Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Collect inspiration where you can find it

My friend & long-time coworker just sent me this today. Today is the day after our 1-year anniversary of losing Gracie.

All you quote lovers out there... When you come across them, please send good quotes that reference 'grace.' I'm starting my own personal collection. And I'm not one to collect things.
________

Funny I should get this today. My thoughts and prayers have been with you. - S

Concentrate on this Sentence
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'

When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something else..

'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'
________

I'm not thrilled with the idea that God had this as a plan for me. I don't completely buy it. I'm still working that out. So I'm more shocked than anyone to find this last sentence somehow comforting. But I like to think that Grace is around us, watching out for us. Her name pops up from time to time, and it's comforting. I have a hard time reconciling my rational brain with my comfort I feel from these lines, but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment